Re: CDR problems continued....

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 16:00, Matt Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 03:56:51PM -0600, Jens Knutson wrote:
> >
> > I assume this means that eventually magicdev will go away, since it's
> > supposedly responsible for so many problems.  What I'm wondering is,
> > what's the way out of this mess?  What's the long term solution to this
> > problem?
> I really think that with the changes we've made things will be MUCH
> better than in the past and we'll be able to auto-mount our CDs and
> burn them too...

I guess I'm not following...

By "with the changes we've made" do you mean that magicdev, and the
things it interferes with at the moment, will be made to work more
harmoniously, then?

Currently, I CAN auto-mount my CDs, and burn them when it's a blank,
with Phoebe 3.  What I'm really asking is: is magicdev likely destined
to be killed off by other things (supermount, perhaps), or is it part of
the long term solution?

 - jck

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man
progress depends on the unreasonable man."

 - George Bernard Shaw