Re: NVIDIA patches to run it on phoebe/rawhide kernels

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 04:14:10PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Chris Chabot wrote:
> > Marcel J.E. Mol wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I don't recall seeing this on the list, but there are some patches
> > > to the nvidia glue code to make it compaile on recent redhat kernels.
> > > I'm running it now with 2.4.20-2.54.
> > >
> > >   See http://www.minion.de/
> i just tested the patch at this site, and it doesn't even patch
> cleanly against the Makefile in the 4191 kernel src RPM, unless
> i did something hideously wrong.

Hm, I didn't use the src rpm but the src tar file and patching against
that went without problems. (note, after patching you need to change
the define of REMAP_PAGE_RANGE in nv-linux.h. Alle defines should read:

  # define REMAP_PAGE_RANGE(a...)   remap_page_range(vma, ## a)

     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868          P.O. Box 112
    =======---------        marcel mesa nl                 2630 AC  Nootdorp
__==== www.mesa.nl ---____U_n_i_x______I_n_t_e_r_n_e_t____ The Netherlands ____
 They couldn't think of a number,           Linux user 1148  --  counter.li.org
    so they gave me a name!  -- Rupert Hine  --  www.ruperthine.com