keyboard layout switch in gnome.

Hi,

I need to use russian and hebrew language as well as english on my box. I'm
using Gnome keyboard layout switcher to switch keyboard layouts. For some
reason, when I switch to hebrew, I have to hold right Alt to enter hebrew
characters, without it I still write english. When using KDE, language
switching works fine.
Also, after I switch to hebrew once, CapsLock and NumLock keys won't work
until I log out.

Any ideas how to fix this? I tried to play with /usr/share/xmodmap files but
I'm still unable to fix it. What is the difference between KDE and Gnome
keyboard switchers?

Thanks,
	Pavel.