kernel, acpi and pcmcia

I installed phoebe-3 a couple days ago and it has been working great for
me with a single exception. After recompiling the kernel with the
2.4.21-pre4 patch and the acpi-20030228, the kernel modules required for
pcmcia to work (so I can get on my wireless lan at home) do not load. I
can load them (pcmcia_core, yenta_socket, ds) with insmod, but my
wireless card (serviced by the orinoco driver) is not recognized.

The card works fine with the default kernel, but I need acpi for my
laptop to shutdown properly. Any ideas?

-Josh

--
Joshua Legbandt <jtlegbandt earthlink net>