Re: Mozilla 1.3/java 1.4.1 plugin

----- Original Message -----
From: Darrell Esau <Darrell Esau Sun COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:06:26 -0800
To: phoebe-list redhat com
Subject: Mozilla 1.3/java 1.4.1 plugin

> I installed the mozilla 1.3 xft rpms to phoebe 3 this morning.  After doing
> so, I soft linked the 1.4.1 java plugin as I usually do.. and found that
> mozilla isn't loading it.
>
> Checking strace shows that it's finding it and opening it, but it's not being
> registered.
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem?

In my case, the problem was in the fact that RedHat's Mozilla is
usually compiled with gcc-2.96, while Sun JRE is compiled with
gcc-3.2. Anyways, I solved the problem by downloading Mozilla's
SRPM and recompiling it with the most recent gcc (3.2).

Another possibility is downloading Blackdown's Java JRE. In fact,
it's the one I'm using and it works pretty well :-) There are both
versions compiled with gcc-2.96 and gcc-3.2.

   Felipe
http://www.linuxmail.org/