Re: going 2.5 w/ phoebe

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: Audioslave - 7M3 - Live <creed7m3live columbus rr com> Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 07:23:10 -0500 To: phoebe-list redhat com Subject: going 2.5 w/ phoebe

This might be interesting to see how the real version of the kernel compare to the backported versions ofr the 2.4 Red Hat, stock kernels.

I'm currently running on 2.5.64-mm7 and Phoebe3 and I must say it's pretty stable (for my test scenarios... there are still some rough edges that need some polishing, but the kernel hackers' work is very impressive).

Indeed - Red Hat has done a good job of fixing
up the 2.4 kernel, but the latest 2.5 is in a whole
different league - can't wait til it's production.

I've been running it here, and while there are
some rough edges and bugs, but it is incredibly
smooth and responsive under the kinds of loads
where 2.4 gets into trouble -

Joe