tetex problem

I have been annoyed by a misconfiguration of tetex in Red Hat for a long
time now. On every system I used I had to run explicitly "texconfig" in
order to change my default page-size for postscript to be letter (and
not default A4). I'm calling it a bug because for xdvi it is US letter
by default so this default configuration will probably work nowhere. The
problem is that probably most of new users will give up on Latex or try
to do some bad things like \voffset ...

I would loved to fill the bug report however I do not know how.

W.