Re: Wishlist: Source-based option

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 09:03 pm, Rick Johnson wrote:
> > Some time ago, I made an idiotically simple script to rebuild all the
> > Phoebe-3 SRPMs.

I really don't want to recompile everything, so if I wanted to spend the
minimal amount of time recompiling for, say, Athlon optimisations, I would
want to recompile the kernel (and maybe gcc so it would compile other apps
faster), glibc, X11, and what next? The GNOME and KDE libs (and QT)?
Multimedia apps? At what point do I get diminishing returns?

--
Hoyt Duff
http://www.maximumhoyt.com/

Run with scissors. Remove mattress tags. Top post. Be a rebel.