samba issues

Hi,
I remember reading on the list about an issue with Phoebe's samba configuration defaulting to being browse master (or something) causing it to screw up existing networks when it's plugged into them and turned on. I have 2 questions :

1) What was the fix for this?
2) Was this issue new to Phoebe, or was it the same in rh8?

I've finally convinced by boss to let me put linux on my desktop work machine, but I have to stick with non-beta software, so I'm stuck with rh8... I just want to make sure that I don't screw up our network and make my boss change his mind.

Kevin Bowen
UCSD ACS/Network Operations, Customer Support Help Desk
kevin ucsd edu / (858) 534-1857  /  http://www-no.ucsd.edu
Phone Support: 7 AM to 7 PM / Walk-in Support: 10 AM to 3:30 PM