Re: XFree 4.3.0 freezes with Radeon 9000

Alin Osan wrote:

I see no reason why ATI would let other manufacturers use an ATI logo while they wash their hair with ATI specifications.

I dunno, but non-coperative "Powered by ATI" cards are an issue that have come up on this list many, many times. If it makes you feel any better, I own a "Powered by ATI" OEM version Radeon 7500 LE card (talk about a gamble! ;) and it works just fine, but Mike Harris has said that not all of them do. I would imagine a Gigabyte card would be a solid purchase unless it was some super deluxe, hooked up gaming edition with over optimized specs.

Tom