Re: Mozilla - since it is upgraded so frequently

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 11:10, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live wrote:
> I was reading mail from our local LUG called COLUG. Anyway, it seems
> that a lot of the new RH converts are already grabbing the latest
> release of mozilla. They are grabbing either the gtk2 version or the xft
> version.
>
> My concern is, that since mozilla, is such a fast paced program. Is it a
> safe practice to allow the upgrades for people that go from 8.0 to 8.1
> to be able to upgrade their systems, if they have newer than the version
> that happens to make the distribution installed?
>
> I see a lot of newbies calling in already. It is also an aggrivation to
> me, since there are so any programs invilved to downgrade to.

as far as i know a package like that will be skipped if its newer than
the one redhat provides.  I could be wrong and anyone feel free to
correct me if i am.  generally you get issues mostly with third party
packages that update redhat components  but as mozilla is built to the
directory structure redhat uses it wont break things.