Re: SiS 650 chipset (fwd)

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Tom Diehl wrote:

> On 22 Mar 2003, Jens Knutson wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 16:54, Res wrote:
> >
> > > the installer then, I know SiS keep everything 'close to their chest' and
> > > point blank refuse to support linux
> >
> > Is this really true?  Is there a single AMD chipset maker that ISN'T
> > seemlingly hostile to Linux?
>
> It would appear to be true. Alan Cox has recently made comments indicating
> that at best SiS is hard to get info out of. Check the archives for his
> comments.

Sorry to reply to my own post, I meant to say Alan made the comments on LKML,
and to check the LKML archives for his comments.

Sorry for leaving out that important detail.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....