Konqueror and SSL

Hi,

SSL is not working for me in Konqueror.  For instance, if I go to
redhat.com and click on the rhn link, I get the following error.

---
An error occured while loading
http://redhat.com/apps/redirect.apm/https/rhn.redhat.com/?rhpage=/index.html/tab_rhn**:

Could not connect to host rhn.redhat.com
---

This is the same sort of error whenever I access an https url.  I have
openssl-0.9.7-6 installed on my machine, and it appears to be placing its
libraries in /lib.  So I configured Konqueror to look for the openssl
libs in /lib, but when I clicked test it said it couldn't find the
openssl library.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Is openssl broken?  I know I can
ssh into my box, so something appears to be working with openssl.

Thanks much.
Justin