Re: Pre-announcement?

Rick Johnson said:
> Michael St. Laurent wrote:
>> I just got an end-of-life notification for an old system.[snip]

If you have a basic subscription to RHN you get an announcement also.

> Red Hat 9.0? What happened to 8.1?

Binary compatibility.  RH always goes to x.0 when they don't preserve
binary compatibility.  Now you know why some people (like me) think it was
silly to be calling it RH 8.1 beta in the newsgroups.

--
William Hooper

--
William Hooper