Re: Pre-announcement?

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 13:45, William Hooper wrote:
> Rick Johnson said:
> > Michael St. Laurent wrote:
> >> I just got an end-of-life notification for an old system.[snip]
>
> If you have a basic subscription to RHN you get an announcement also.
>

> > Red Hat 9.0? What happened to 8.1?
>
> Binary compatibility.  RH always goes to x.0 when they don't preserve
> binary compatibility.  Now you know why some people (like me) think it was
> silly to be calling it RH 8.1 beta in the newsgroups.

Wait, binary broke between 8.0 and Phoebe?  I thought Phoebe used gcc
3.2 and glibc 2.3, or did I not look close enough?  (I'm not on my
Phoebe=home machine at the moment.)

Are they going to go to gcc 3.3 or 3.4, then?
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good