Re: Redhat 9.0

On 26 Mar 2003, Peter Bowen wrote:

> I'm sure that Red Hat Linux 8.0 Gold Master was cut well after the last
> beta was released.  If you look at the ISO image they released
> carefully, you will see it was cut on Sept 10, 2002.

I looked - very carefully. And it was Sep 11, to honour the anniversary of
9/11. touch {timedatestamp} will do that. Nice touch (ouch - bad pun).
However, that was almost certainly not the date the Gold was cut. The
uniformity of file timedate stamps is usually a giveaway of touch at work.

However, I do agree with the rest of your comments about the reasons for
the differences, and I fully expect to see them this time as well.

What would interest me is *what* those differences *are* ;-)

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis exocore com
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 344-0397