Re: Suse Model

Rick Johnson wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 08:57, David Krider wrote:

At that point, you'd see plenty more people leach an entire directory tree, to duplicate installs locally. FTP based installes go much quicker when the FTP server exists on the same 100[0]mb/s switched lan.

At that point, I use NFS so I get the full GUI installer. Merge the errata with the tree, remove the dupes, then run genhdlist from the anaconda libs, and you've got a fully patched network install ready to go :-)

-Rick

Your kung-fu is strong.

I am indeed ganking the entire 6 GB of Suse linux distribution. And all of their updates. I have no idea if you can do a `genhdlist' sort-of-thing with it. I only want to try it, but I don't want to pay for a boxed set when the new version is only 2.5 weeks away.

dk