Re: RHL 9 - concerns

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:43:00PM -0500, Brent Fox wrote:
> Hi Matt.  I hope I didn't sound defensive...I didn't mean to be.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't feel like we were a bunch of
antagonistic whiners.

> clearly it won't please everyone.  There's a delicate balance between
> what's best for us and what's best for our users and we're still trying
> to figure out how to achieve that.

Understood. I'm just suggesting -- a number of us are suggesting, actually
-- that maybe three more months of errata for the basic release would end up
being better for *all* of us. I don't have any research to back this up, but
I bet if you look, you'll find that almost all ES/AS customers were
customers of the basic release first. If you really want to make sure people
get hooked, make sure that the regular boxed set is still a product people
can count on for serious use. Then, when that use becomes even more serious,
you'll have big-money customers. *Happy* big-money customers.