Hardware Monitoring Applet in 8.0, phoebe, 9, and Beyond

What happened to the hardware monitoring applet?  It wasn't included in
8.0 and it isn't in the Phoebe beta.  My assumption is that it won't be
in version 9 either.  Is there some other way to get CPU Temp and Fan
Speed monitoring on the main panel??

In know it's petty, but this is one of the main reasons that I'm holding
off on an upgrade from 7.3 for my workstation.

Thanks for the insight?

--
Brian Hanks <brice cavtel net>