RE: What do you want? What are you willing to pay? [was Re: Correctme if I'm wrong]

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Linux-Lists.Red-Hat.Phoebe wrote:

>I, for one, don't use the phone.  If it requires me spending my time
>waiting on hold for someone to read off of a script to tell me what I
>want, then I don't need it.  I absolutely refuse to call a company on
>the phone to do business with them.  I absolutely hate dealing with the
>maze of automated attendants companies put on their systems.  If the
>problem cannot be addressed by e-mail, they don't need me as a customer.
>
>I am extremely hardheaded on this matter.  Companies, like Red Hat, who
>post misleading information on their websites, are trying to get you to
>call so that they can #1 - annoy you by making you go through a maze of
>automated attendants and then once someone answers, they ask you the
>same questions, and #2 - upsell you to something else and/or confuse you
>enough on the phone with double-talk so that you buy something you don't
>need.
>
>I have issues with sales reps.
>
>BTW, telling someone to call their sales rep without explaining things
>to the public reminds me of another company.  I don't deal with them
>either.  If you have to communicate privately by a phone, obviously the
>company is hiding something.

Then don't call.  Your opinion isn't likely to be counted then
however.  Or perhaps it will be.  I don't know if "the right
people" read this mailing list.  I could be wrong.

Either way, it was just a suggestion aimed at trying to help a
customer "be heard" by "the right people".