Re: Red Hat kernel and XFree86 roadmap

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Dave Reed wrote:

>Since you seem to in a very "verbose, post lots of messages" mode the
>last few days I figured I'd take this opportunity to clarify this.  I

I go through this phase once in a while.  ;o)

>spent a long night getting AVview working on my Red Hat 8.0 system so
>I could get watch tv while working on my PC with my ATI 8500 A-i-W
>card. Actually, getting the alsa sound was the most hassle. Since then
>I haven't followed it since I've been quite happy that it has worked
>fine.
>
>I'm trying to understand everything that you are saying above. Will it
>be possible for me to follow the same procedures I did on Red Hat 8.0
>to get it working on Red Hat 9 (no dot :-)?
>
>I understand that the ati.2 drivers are XFree version specific and I
>haven't seen an XFree 4.3 version on gatos.

I can't vouch for wether or not GATOS will work with Red Hat
Linux 9 or not as I have not tried out the latest GATOS code with
XFree86 4.3.0.  You might want to post that question on the
xfree86 xfree86 org mailing list, or the GATOS mailing list.

It will require using the GATOS kernel modules of course, and of
course we don't support systems using kernel modules we do not
supply, yada yada yada.  ;o)

TTYL