Re: Red Hat kernel and XFree86 roadmap

Dave Reed <drlinux columbus rr com> wrote :

> I spent a long night getting AVview working on my Red Hat 8.0 system so
> I could get watch tv while working on my PC with my ATI 8500 A-i-W
> card. Actually, getting the alsa sound was the most hassle. Since then
> I haven't followed it since I've been quite happy that it has worked
> fine.

Just a quick note to say that ALSA with Red Hat Linux shouldn't be very
complex if you use the packages I've built:

For Red Hat Linux 8.0, I provide everything needed to get ALSA running in
no time, you'll just need to edit your /etc/modules.conf according to the
ALSA matrix.

Red Hat Linux release 8.0.9x (Phoebe) running Linux kernel 2.4.20-2.54
Load : 0.63 0.58 0.46, AC on-line, battery charging: 100% (5:39)