Re: Hardware Monitoring Applet in 8.0, phoebe, 9, and Beyond

Brian Hanks <brice cavtel net> wrote :

> What happened to the hardware monitoring applet?  It wasn't included in
> 8.0 and it isn't in the Phoebe beta.  My assumption is that it won't be
> in version 9 either.  Is there some other way to get CPU Temp and Fan
> Speed monitoring on the main panel??

I know this isn't the same, but have you tried gkrellm? That neat little
program lets you monitor just about anything, and ever more as you add
plugins ;-) The latest versions are gtk2 based, so they integrate very
nicely into Red Hat Linux 8.x.

It's part of Red Hat Linux, or you can get the latest version, as well as
plugin packages and a themes package from http://freshrpms.net/

Matthias

Red Hat Linux release 8.0.9x (Phoebe) running Linux kernel 2.4.20-2.54
Load : 0.28 0.44 0.43, AC on-line, battery charging: 100% (5:39)