Re: early review of RH 9 (Shrike)

Matthew Miller wrote:

The RTLinux patent license grants unlimited distribution rights to GPL'd software, even if you sell it for profit. Thompson offers no such license, to the best of my knowledge.

That doesn't mean that they *wouldn't*. Did you actually read what I said? I
suspect not.

Yes, you proposed a situation wherin the software would be licensed if it were distributed for free, but distributors would have to pay for their own if they sold the software for profit.

This differs from the RTLinux patent in that RTLinux licenses their patent to anyone who distributes the software under the GPL, whether they sell it for profit or not.

The terms of the GPL are compatible with RTLinux's patent, but not with what you proposed.