Re: RHL 9 - concerns

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 08:07, Denice wrote:
> > Thanks a lot for responding.  One of the important assets of red hat linux
> > are the mailing lists.  We know that there are ears listening.
> Is that the royal "we", or are you actually saying you speak for people
> other than yourself. You may KNOW that ears are listening...but i
> certainly don't KNOW that the RIGHT ears are listening...hell, mharris
> doesn't even know for sure if the right ears are listening, and he knows
> everything. Stop pretending this mailinglist is valuable in the way you

I don't 'pretend' things Jef.  I say things that I mean.  Please don't
demean and belittle my understanding.

There is no royal 'we' in the linux world.  Yes, sometimes the damn
phrase slips out anyway.  So remember:

 s/we /some of us /g

or Jef will give you a keyboard-lashing.

> directly. This mailinglist is the wind....you can shout into it all you
> want, it might even make you feel better...but you have no idea if
> someone is hearing you or not.

Well, neither do you actually.  So You believe what you want to, and I'll
believe what I want to..

denice.deatrich @ epfl.ch, DSC / LTHC-LTHI, E.P.F.L.   PH: +41 (21) 693 76 67
<*> This moment's fortune cookie:
It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be
coming up it.
		-- Henry Allen