Re: 2.6 Kernel and IDE dierect for burners

J Sloan wrote:
Audioslave - 7M3 - Live wrote:

<snip mystery file>

That's odd - it doesn't seem to contain anything
you would have needed - what distro is this?

This is a system that was originally installed as RH 8. Then it was brought up to phoebe2, then phoebe3. Now it is back to RH8, since there aren't any upgrades for phoebe3.

The only additions were kernels from Rawhide, a few kernel related packages from rawhide. The rest is phoebe/psyche.

The file did look pretty bare and useless. I'm glad the generation of the fil script was passed on.

There is a newly generated file for modprobe.conf, within my etc directory now. It doesn't show with locate though. It is about 5124 bytes and contains the excerpt listed below.

Well it probably won't show with locate - at least not til after 4 am or so tomorrow...

Thanks! I thought that this program neded to update it's values. I'll have to keep that in mind for recently generated files.

install dummy0 /sbin/modprobe -o dummy0 --ignore-install dummy
install dummy1 /sbin/modprobe -o dummy1 --ignore-install dummy
install hid /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install hid && { /sbin/modprobe keybdev; /sbin/modprobe mousedev; /bin/true; }
install net-pf-10 /bin/true
install net-pf-19 /bin/true
install net-pf-3 /bin/true
install net-pf-6 /bin/true

Thanks for the help! I'll try the compile again, very shortly.

Yeah, that's more what it should look like -