Re: 2.6 Kernel and IDE dierect for burners

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 23:08, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live wrote:

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/modutils-2.4.21-17.src.rpm

This should work :-) ... at least, I'm using them with no problem.

If the 2.4.24-1 version does not work. I will try the version that you recommended. Regarding installing different versions, instead of upgrading. Is it possible to install several versions and not have them interfere with each other? I've been upgrading, not installing.

I think that's not possible, since different releases collide with files
like insmod or modprobe. But don't worry with compatibility, since the
above URL includes a special version of lsmod, insmod, modprobe, etc.
that automatically detect whether you're running a 2.5 kernel, or, if
running a 2.4 kernel, provide the old functionality.

All in all, with Rusty's modutils SRPMS, you can safely dual boot
between a 2.4 and a 2.5 kernel with no problems,

Thanks! I'll just keep the one version installed. Since it was kernel related, I wasn't sure if it could choose the desired versions and disregard the other versions or not.

Jim

I hope the polishing gets done soon. It will be great to see the kernel in action. regardles of it's unpolished edges.

I hope the compilation works for this round. I'm about ready to try to compile it again. Eventually, it might work for me.

Good luck :-)

        Felipe Alfaro Solana
   Linux Registered User #287198
http://counter.li.org

--
The politician is someone who deals in man's problems of adjustment.
To ask a politician to lead us is to ask the tail of a dog to lead the dog.