Re: nano editor in Shrike?

On 31 Mar 2003, Michael Wardle wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 12:01, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Um, I thought pine was depreciated, not fully removed yet.  Am I wrong?
>
> Yes, you're right, it's *deprecated*. ;-)
>
> Someone recently made a post sounding quite annoyed at its removal, so I
> assumed it must have been removed, but a little research confirms it's
> merely deprecated.
>
> Anyway, it would still be nice for there to be a lightweight
> command-line editor that is easy to learn.  Nano has been included in
> the past, and I hope Red Hat will again include it in future.

Does it not have the same licansing problem pine has?? I love pine and hate
to see it depreciated (which means it will eventaully go) but I can see
why they are doing that. It has to be a pita to maintain.

Maybe it is time to look for a replacment.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....