help..

Felix Ortigosa Martinez felix at cgic.ucol.mx
Thu May 27 16:23:46 UTC 2004

I have on cluster redhat 62. but not work.

i configure the cluster how see the doc...High avalibity cluster.option
LVS ..(
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/haserver/RHHAS-1.0-Manual/high-availability.pdf
)   and not work.

Install red hat 6.2 , upgrade the system site of red hat, install the
kernel 2.2.24.,

to verify if kernel work with ip_masquerade,  and modules of ip_vs and
yes it is.

install  rpm´s  ipvsadm-1.1-2, piranha-0.4.14-1.

log on in the real server , ping to out side public ip y response
correct,

execute command ipvsadm and send message.

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  94D516C8:0050 rr
  -> 01000000:0000      Masq    0      0          0
TCP  94D516C8:0015 rr
  -> 01000000:0000      Masq    0      0          0

working fine.

but when reboot the router the ipvsadm is clean, no send me the same
messages.
put the lines in the file rc.local for work fine the ipvsadm, the
problem is when 3 minutes pass the ipvsadm is erase your configuration.
the error log send message

May 26 04:59:17 cluster nanny[792]: failed to read remote load
May 26 04:59:35 cluster nanny[792]: running command  "ruptime"
"192.168.1.3" "up

why ?

i need put after begin work the router lines in the prompt

 ipvsadm -A -t x.x.xx::80 -s rr

so that work fine.

in the real server,  the kernel is the old version 2.2.14 i need upgrade
this ?

thanks for your help.

--
Ing. Felix Ortigosa Martinez