RHCS cluster without quorum ?

Murphy, Greg (GE Consumer Finance) Greg.Murphy2 at ge.com
Fri Sep 3 11:09:30 UTC 2004

Hi Mat

I don't think RHCM can be set up without the shared partitions (but I may be wrong..) as even with just IP failover the partitions are used for inter-machine communication and heartbeats as well as the network interconnect. If you're trying to avoid having any costly shared disks attached, one option would be to use NBDs (Network Block Devices) which can be used as raw devices by multiple nodes - this may work.

Hopefully this is of some use.

Greg Murphy