lvs.cf & mysql

kenneth graham poken77 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:29:29 UTC 2005

Hi everyone...

I have been looking for a way to monitor a mysql server, I tried to modify
the section for the real server to monitor the port 3306, but when i start
the pulse daemon, it says that there is and error on that line

virtual HTTP1 {
     active = 1
     address = 192.168.4.21 eth0:1
     load_monitor = uptime
     vip_nmask = 255.255.255.0
     port = 80
     persistent = 20
     send = "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"
     expect = "HTTP"
     load_monitor = none
     scheduler = rr
     protocol = tcp
     timeout = 5
     reentry = 5
server http {
         address = 192.168.5.40
         active = 1
         weight = 1
     }

server mysql {
         address = 192.168.5.59
>       port = 3306   ***** here *****
         active = 1
         weight = 1
     }
}

I have spent almost 4 days trying to modify the nanny daemon to check the
port 3306 but it seems very difficult to me :(

has anyone done something like that?

thanks a lot for your help

Kenneth