Running squid and squidguard over lvs

Tony Spencer tony at games-master.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 16:15:16 UTC 2005

We wanted to start running squid over 2 servers and get the lvs to load
balance them both.

After implementing this it worked fine, until we decided to implement
squidGuard as well.
Although squid still serves page fine squidGuard just doesn't block
anything.

I know that squid and squidGuard is working because if we disconnect one of
the squid servers from the LVS network and plug it directly into an internet
facing switch squid and squidGuard works as it should.

The LVS is connected into a backend switch that is on a 192.168.0 subnet as
are the 2 squid boxes.

Has anyone had this type of setup working?

Thanks
Tony