Can piranha failover all ethernet interfaces?

Brian Ghidinelli brian at vfive.com
Mon Dec 3 22:45:32 UTC 2007

Mark T. Dame wrote:
> Not directly.  You will have to write a script to bring the extra
> interfaces up or down and then use the start_cmd and stop_cmd settings
> to call the script when the service fails over.  I did something similar
> for a MySQL server.  I have two servers, each with two NICs, one
> external and one internal.  On failover, the floating IP for each
> network to switch to the appropriate server.  My service definition is:

Mark, thanks for the response.  So, if the heartbeat goes down which
causes the external interface to be brought up on the standby, the
failover will simultaneously be triggered and can execute a script to
change the other NICs?

I have read conflicting info on whether or not you can have virtual
servers and failover running at the same time.  It sounds from your post
like you do?

Would you mind sharing your script as a starting point?  It would be
appreciated, thanks!

Brian