TFTP Monitoring

Jeff B jeffb.list at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:48:19 UTC 2007

I'm having a heck of a time figuring this one out.  I'm trying to set
up tftp monitoring for piranha and I'm running into a problem where
the process signal that the tftp client returns on a time out is
blocked by nanny.  I'm passing options to have tftp time on in a few
seconds, but when nanny runs it, it hangs forever and never times out.

a strace reveals that the process signal mask is blocking the
following signals: HUP INT USR1 USR2 ALRM TERM

Any tips on how to get around this, or to successfully monitor tftp
via other means would be great.