LVS Clustering Not working - Help

Tapan Thapa tapan.thapa2000 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 07:34:28 UTC 2009

Dear List Members,

Since last three days i am trying to implement LVS through Piranha under
testing but unfortunately i have no success.

I have configured lvs.cf via piranha web interface and followed all
instruction provided by the RHEL5_Virtual_Server_Administration.pdf for
direct routing as well as NAT routing.

My problem is pulse daemon is getting started properly and ips are also
getting alias in Ethernet interfaces but when i am firing netstat command to
see if port is listing as per my configuration then netstat command is not
showing any port.

My lvs.cf and netstat is attached.

ipvsadm output:

[root at lvs1 ~]# ipvsadm -L -n
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  192.168.56.254:80 wlc persistent 600
  -> 192.168.56.103:80            Route   1      0          0

netstat output

[root at lvs1 ~]# netstat -an |grep 80
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     10580
/tmp/orbit-root/linc-a55-0-10162d195a1e1
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     9801
/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     9800
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     7680
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    7280
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    6806
[root at lvs1 ~]#

lvs.cf

serial_no = 29
primary = 192.168.56.104
service = lvs
backup_active = 0
backup = 0.0.0.0
heartbeat = 1
heartbeat_port = 539
keepalive = 6
deadtime = 18
network = direct
nat_nmask = 255.255.255.255
debug_level = NONE
virtual HTTP_Cluster {
     active = 1
     address = 192.168.56.254 eth0:1
     vip_nmask = 255.255.255.0
     port = 80
     persistent = 600
     send = "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"
     expect = "HTTP"
     use_regex = 0
     load_monitor = none
     scheduler = wlc
     protocol = tcp
     timeout = 6
     reentry = 15
     quiesce_server = 0
     server real1.example.com {
         address = 192.168.56.103
         active = 1
         port = 80
         weight = 1
     }
}

I am unable to send port 80 traffic to its public ip as port is not listing.
Please help...

For you info i have tried nat and direct routing both and no luck.

Regards
Tapan Thapa