Request for https monitoring script

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Thu Nov 11 17:32:07 UTC 2010

Quoting laehr mistry <laehr.mistry at gmail.com>:

> Hello All
>
> I would like to request for a monitoring script for https and the steps to
> test it.
>
> Hope someone can help me out on this.

Here is the script that I use.  Obviously you have to have links installed as
well.

====
#!/bin/bash
if links -dump -eval 'set connection.receive_timeout = 1' -eval 'set
connection.retries = 1' -eval 'set connection.unrestartable_receive_timeout =
1' https://$1/ > /dev/null 2>&1; then

         echo "OK"

else

         echo "FAILURE"

fi

exit 0
====

In my lvs.cf I include the following in the virtual host configuration:

====
send_program = "/parh/to/https_check_443 %h"
     expect = "OK"
     use_regex = 0
====

If you want to test it .. just firewall out your web server from the load
balancer or just stop the web server and watch piranha or ipvsadm to see the
results.

Hope this helps,

Barry