LVS backup router not taking role

Khapare Joshi khapare77 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 08:55:43 UTC 2012

hi tapan

Here are is my lvs.cf file

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  192.168.1.3:80 wlc
  -> 192.168.1.4:80           Route   1      0          0
  -> 192.168.1.5:80           Route   1      0          0

and I have ip forward enabled on my active router. I also allowed firewall
from lvs router to real server and vice versa. I am using direct routing
and added line in arptable in REAL server as :

# Generated by arptables-save v0.0.8 on Fri Jan 20 20:23:23 2012
*filter
:IN ACCEPT [504508:14126224]
:OUT ACCEPT [237:6636]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
[346:9688] -A IN -d 130.208.165.193 -j DROP
[0:0] -A OUT -d 192.168.1.3 -o eth0 -j mangle --mangle-ip-s 192.16.1.4
COMMIT
# Completed on Fri Jan 20 20:23:23 2012

It seems it works for a while then after certain while I only get response
from one real server. There seem somewhere I am doing wrong

Khapare

where else could be the issue ?