Regarding the retirement of Piranha

Ranjith Rajaram rrajaram at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 15:31:00 UTC 2013

Beth,

On 01/15/2013 07:45 PM, Beth Halsema wrote:
> I was working on a post regarding some problems I had run into with
> the Piranha `pulse` process and multiple virtual IPs (thus multiple
> alias interfaces) when I found the "Piranha being retired in Fedora 17"
> post on the lvs-users and piranha-list mailing lists.
>
> Am I correct in assuming that RHEL6.3 users should also be looking at
> something other than the piranha/ipvsadm offering (load balancer
> add-on)?  For instance, keepalived/ipvsadm?
>
> Or should I submit a bug report to Red Hat?
Even if Piranha is retired, Red Hat will continue to support piranha in
RHEL 6(till RHEL 6 EOL)

If you have valid Red Hat subscriptions, file a support case with Red
Hat support

You could also file a bug report

keepalived will be included in the upcoming release of RHEL 6 as
Technology preview

RHEL 6 update 4 beta release note

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6-Beta/html/6.4_Technical_Notes/clustering_tp.html

Red Hat will support both keepalived and piranha

--
Ranjith Rajaram
RHCA, RHCDS

*/"Developing Software is humane but supporting them is divine"/*