[Pki-devel] "PKI Subsystem Configuration" help (RD at WoSign)

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon Jul 19 09:08:46 UTC 2010

(adding list)

On 07/19/2010 02:01 PM, RD at WoSign wrote:
> kashyap,
>         Thank you for help.I have tried serval times by your advises on
> fedora12 or fedora13,but still failed.
> Install Dogtag Certificate System on fedora12, if I choose "Create a New
> Security Domain",whatever we enter, there is nothing to display,
> if choose "Join an Existing Security Domain ",it display error
> "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The   string "--" is not permitted
> within comments.

I'm not sure, why you're hitting that message if you're using a domain name with valid
sane characters. As I mentioned earlier, it works perfectly fine for me with exact
security domain name as yours on Fedora12.

>      There are also several doubts at the installation process:
>     1. On fedora 12, download the Binary Packages  of  Dogtag
> Certificate System 1.3 and later, include header(dir),repodata(dir) and
> *.rpm, but i don't known how to use.

Dogtag Certificate system 1.3 onwards, is now included in the Fedora repositories. So,
binary packages download is not necessary.

>     2. if i install the dogtag-pki, the SubSystem(pki-ca pki-kra and so
> on) will be setup,  Both methods are equivalent?

Yes,

On a clean machine, installing 'dogtag-pki' should give you all subsystems. (dogtag-pki is
a meta package which will install all the required components)
-----
# yum install dogtag-pki
-----

/kashyap