[Pki-devel] CMake and eclipse

Andreas Schneider asn at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 21:52:39 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> CMake generats the Makefile etc in what it refers to as "OutOfSource"
> mode. This means that, while Make is executed in
> workspace/build-pki/core, the source remains in
> workspace/pki/base/core. This is a "best practice" to keep the
> Generated files separate from the revision controlled files. The PKI
> CMake setup insists on building the code outside of the source tree.
> This is enforced by the line pki/CMakeLists.txt line 69
> include(MacroEnsureOutOfSourceBuild).
>
> Changes made in the original source tree are picked up via Makefile
> rules. This includes changes to the CMake infrastructure, meaning that
> configuration changes trigger a complete build. This is one of the
> positive aspects of CMake.

I think in the Java support of pki if you call 'make' we always rebuild
the complete java files. The CMake Java support which I pushed upstream
and which will be released with CMake 2.8.6 is much more clever. It only
rebuilds the files which have been changed.

It also provides some nice functions like find_jar() now.

  -- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: 8B7EB4B8
Red Hat                               asn at redhat.com
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org