[Pki-devel] Formatting code

Ade Lee alee at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 02:36:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Based on seeing how Eclipse mangles line wrapping, we've decided to
revert the formatting changes.  We will reattempt this after Adam's set
of generics patches have been applied.

It may make sense to approach this as follows:
1. reformat without line wrapping.  This will get all the basic things
we want - getting rid of tabs, adjusting to sun coding standards etc.
without worrying about the line wrapping.

2. Then reformat individual packages using line wrapping.  This would
give us smaller packages that we could examine to ensure that strange
reformatting does not occur.  We could also consider raising the line
limit to 120 or 100, say, which would reduce the amount of line wrapping
- and the number of troublesome cases.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

In any case, you all probably want to rebase.

Ade