[Pki-devel] skeleton code for drm restful interface

Ade Lee alee at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 21:55:53 UTC 2011

Attached is some skeleton code for the new DRM interface.  To build, you
will need to download and install the candlepin-deps rpm.
(http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/candlepin/candlepin/)

We will use these rpms to build/run until we get the resteasy packages
into Fedora.

The new classes provide the following:
1. interface to list/get/submit key requests (for archival and
recovery).
2. interface to recover keys
3. interface to approve/reject key recovery requests.
4. input/output via XML/JSON/browser.

This is pretty much just a skeleton as not all the functionality is
currently in the DRM.  There is also no authentication/authz as Jack has
yet to work that part out.  But it does look pretty much like what the
restful interface will probably look like - and the comments point  out
the parts that are missing.

Jack - please look to see how your new code would interact with this -
and also in terms of the input/output parameters/structures.

Endi, Adam: please look to see if the structure/ coding makes sense - or
if it can be improved.  Its not at all final - but all feedback will
help.

To test, you can do the following:
1. Build the code.  You will need to replace pki-common and pki-kra.
2. pkicreate and configure a DRM.  The needed changes to web.xml should
be in the new instance.
3. Add links to the following jars in webapps/lib/.  They should all be
in /usr/share/candlepin/lib
--> javassist, jaxrs-api, jettison, resteasy-jaxb-provider,
resteasy-jaxrs, resteasy-jettison-provider, scannotation
4. Archive some keys by doing enrollments with your CA or TPS.

You could also set up the DRM instance to be controlled by eclipse in
the same way that we do for the CA instance.  If you do this, you will
be able to step through the code with the debugger.

You should be able to see archived enrollments/ recoveries by going to :
https://hostname:port/kra/pki/keyrequests
https://hostname:port/kra/pki/keyrequest/1

using a browser, or using curl to get xml or json.

Ade