[Pki-devel] Dogtag trac instance - please add tasks

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 18:14:23 UTC 2011

I have started configuring our Trac instance to track new Dogtag development
work.  The Trac instance is available at the following URL:

     https://fedorahosted.org/pki/

There are still a number of things that will need to be set up and
fleshed out
as we start using Trac, but I think that we are at a point that we can start
adding development tasks.

Please go ahead and start creating tasks as we discussed yesterday.  Don't
worry about tying the tickets to milestones yet.  We will go through that
next week after we have some initial tasks created.  The "estimate" field
should be the number of days that you think the task will take.  The
estimates
will be important for deciding what milestone a task should target.  We
should
try to keep the tasks fairly granular in terms of the estimates so it's easy
to see if we are on track.

As far as the milestones go, I've started creating them on a 1 month cycle.
Using a fairly short milestone cycle like this will make it easier to see
how we are doing against our plans.  We can flesh out the individual
milestone
goals when we start assigning tasks to milestones next week.

If you see anything that you feel should be added (missing components,
additional fields, etc.) or have any questions, please speak up.

Thanks,
-NGK