[Pki-devel] CMake 'JNI' macro question . . .

Matthew Harmsen mharmsen at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 02:53:29 UTC 2011

Andreas,

I would like to request your assistance on the following 'CMake' issue
requested by Adam:

  * https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/9

Basically, on Fedora 16 and later, the default location of Java Native
Interface (JNI) jar files was
changed to reside under '/usr/lib/java' for 32-bit platforms, and
'/usr/lib64/java' for 64-bit platforms.

Per the TRAC ticket, I made a change in the spec files to handle this
via the 'jpackage-utils' RPM.
However, I do not know if 'CMake' can change the 'JAVA_LIB_INSTALL_DIR'
macro located in
the 'pki/cmake/Modules/DefineInstallationPaths.cmake' file to rely on
the '%{_jnidir}' macro of
'jpackage-utils' stored in the '/etc/rpm/macros.jpackage', or if there
is a different way of handling
this where the following logic comes into play:

  * '/usr/lib/java' on RHEL 6 and earlier (32-bit AND 64-bit platforms)
  * '/usr/lib/java' on Fedora 15 and earlier (32-bit AND 64-bit platforms)
  * '/usr/lib/java' on Fedora 16 and later (32-bit platforms)
  * '/usr/lib/java' on Fedora 16 and later (using a 32-bit JVM on 64-bit
    platforms)
      o I am fairly confident that this case may actually REQUIRE a
        compiler override, as it does
        not look as if 'jpackage-utils' computes its '%{_jnidir}' macro
        based upon the 'JVM' architecture
        being utilized, but rather the '%{_libdir}' macro based upon the
        operating system architecture
        located in the appropriate
        '/usr/lib/rpm/platform/<platform>/macros' file
  * '/usr/lib64/java' on Fedora 16 and later (64-bit platforms)

Your assistance on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Eventually, do you think that we may want the appropriate logic added to
the '/etc/rpm/macros.cmake' file?

Thanks,
-- Matt