[Pki-devel] Dogtag:future

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 17:21:45 UTC 2011

I'm looking into future design of Dogtag.  I'd like to solicit from the
community input on a couple broad questions.

1.  What aspects of the current design would you like to see changed,
and why?

2.  What things does Dogtag do well that we should not touch?

3.  What  mechanisms does Dogtag use that should be extracted into stand
alone libraries and projects?

4.  How do you deploy Dogtag?  Do you put each system in a separate
Virtual Machine?  Do you run everything on one big server?  What pieces
do you keep inside and outside the firewall?  Where is your pain in
system administration?

5.  How customized are your Dogtag installs?  Do you do custom plugins?
Do you customize the themes?  Do you have lots of custom profiles?