Re: [Pki-devel] The Why's of PKI

On 09/14/2011 01:44 PM, Adam Young wrote:

Is using different ports for CA and DRM (an so forth) merely an artifact of using multiple servers, or is there an additional reason to do so?

Pkicreate tool allows selecting any ports. Pkicreate also suggests ports for out of the box ease of use.

There must be more to the story than this. I tried running pkicreate with two of the subsystems using the same port

-agent_secure_port=8443 -ee_secure_port=8443

And when it runs I get the error

[error] Invalid port numbers submitted!

Is there some reason that these cannot be the same port, or is it just convention. Does the agent use some protocol other than HTTP? I get this error is I try to use the same port for any two *_secure_port values.

one is for regular ssl. other is for ssl with "client auth".

- Chandra