[Pki-devel] Dealing with the reformat for Simplename

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 01:13:21 UTC 2012

On 1/9/2012 10:56 PM, Ade Lee wrote:
> I was able to format correctly using my version of eclipse.  I also
> spent some time cleaning up the most egregious formatting errors - and
> think I got most of them.
>
> I applied the same to adam's changes too - with only one easy merge
> conflict to be resolved.

I'm not quite done reviewing the patch, it's going to take a while to
review the entire 300k line patch. It would be much better if you could
fix the fedorapeople repo so that we can do the review the patch as a
single page in the browser like this:

http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=edewata/public_git/pki.git;a=commitdiff;h=05ccb11cffcfa77161b009089c98b3c12be4fb1b;hp=d5a1c6dfcbe1b1ab7ffe711996f970f1c410b919

Another option is to split the formatting into smaller manageable
patches which can be reviewed by several people.

So far I found formatting problems related to comments. There are too
many of them to list individually, fix, and then review again. So I
think it might be better not to reformat the comments at this time. Here
are some of them:

1. Some comments or commented codes are re-wrapped removing important
line breaks and indentations. This happens in:

  * pki/base/ca/src/com/netscape/ca/CAService.java line 170
  * pki/base/ca/src/com/netscape/ca/CMSCRLExtensions.java line 491
  * pki/base/ca/src/com/netscape/ca/CRLIssuingPoint.java lines 1236,
1445, 1782
  * pki/base/ca/src/com/netscape/ca/CertificateAuthority.java line 1656,
1729
  * pki/base/common/src/com/netscape/certsrv/apps/CMS.java line 246

2. Some comments use three slashes or longer (///). The slashes are
split into // and the remaining /. This happens in:
  * pki/base/ca/src/com/netscape/ca/CAService.java line 546
  * pki/base/ca/src/com/netscape/ca/CertificateAuthority.java line 1164

3. The <PRE> tag gets additional indentation:
  * pki/base/common/src/com/netscape/certsrv/acls/ACLEntry.java lines 69, 82

Other than that the code builds just fine and passes the unit tests.

--
Endi S. Dewata