[Pki-devel] git push

Christina cfu at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 19:03:45 UTC 2012

forgive me as this is my first checkin using git.  Something unexpected
happened.

I was on the master branch and when ready I did "git push" and it
unexpectedly told me the following:
Counting objects: 50, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (23/23), done.
Writing objects: 100% (28/28), 2.89 KiB, done.
Total 28 (delta 19), reused 0 (delta 0)
To ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/pki.git
    5bf257b..5314d04  DOGTAG_9_BRANCH -> DOGTAG_9_BRANCH

I did happen to have worked on DOGTAG_9_BRANCH as well but I did not
expect it to be pushed as I was on the master at the time, although I
was getting it ready as well.  I just did not expect it to be pushed.

So does git push push everything even though you are not on that branch
at the moment?
Now I see something called Merge branch 'DOGTAG_9_BRANCH' of
ssh://git.fedorahoste..
<http://git.fedorahosted.org/git?p=pki.git;a=commit;h=5314d049fadd54666dbdae7444b8134f8b98cba0>
being pushed onto DOGTAG_9_BRANCH.  Is it supposed to be?

thanks,
Christina