[Pki-devel] Custom Publishing class does not seem to be called correctly - Workaround found

Wagner Klaus OSS sIT Klaus.Wagner at s-itsolutions.at
Fri Jul 13 17:11:41 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-11 23:38, Andrew Wnuk wrote:

Please check other log files for additional information.
You may need to put more debug messages to see if your publisher has been initialized
and if publishing processor can access your publisher.

Hi again,

I finally found the problem after starting to use eclipse and adding some debug info to the calls.

The NoMap mapper returns always null as result on the map() call, because dn mapping is not needed for FileBasedPublishing publisher.
However in PublishNow() of class com.netscape.cmscore.ldap.PublisherProcessor the result (of the mapper) is checked for being either:
Vector<String>
String
or if the called publisher is instanceof com.netscape.cms.publish.publishers.FileBasedPublisher

Hence the NoMap mapper will never work for any other publisher than FileBasedPublisher and no error/warning will be created in any log.
For convenience this could be mentioned somewhere in documentation or NoMap Mapper description.

Workaround:

I created a dummy mapper that returns a non-empty String to be used with the Publisher I created.
So far everything works find and altering dogtag code is not necessary. As I don't need the DN mapping, the String can be abused to include further data in the publishing process (eg. request data).

best regards,

Klaus