[Pki-devel] problems installing dogtag in RHEL-7

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 05:04:33 UTC 2012

I started trying to get ipa 3.x working in RHEL 7 tonight. Better late
than never...

pki-core isn't installable because it is still v9 and conflicts with
selinux-policy, but that isn't the reason for this e-mail.

This is a heads-up. I wanted to let you know that I had a heck of a time
trying to get the java dependencies resolved. I'm not sure if it is
because I threw my repos together in a slap-dash way or what, but all
file-based dependencies failed (velocity, for example).

I also had to force java to be installed. It kept trying to install
java-gcj and failing in some odd ways.

I finally got all the dependencies installed with:

# yum -y install java
# yum -y install velocity
# yum -y install ldapjdk

I doubt this is a problem with your dependencies, but wanted to give you
a heads-up because I gather you haven't started the pkgwrangler imports yet.

rob